Paris Saint-Germain head coach Luis Enrique has made it crystal clear that he has no intention of holding onto players against their will in the French capital, a position that has intensified speculation linking Liverpool with two of his wide attackers.
Bradley Barcola and Ibrahim Mbaye are well-established targets for Liverpool. Barcola has long attracted interest from clubs across Europe, with his future cast into doubt following reports that he declined to sign a new deal at PSG this summer.
Speculation around Mbaye is more recent, but it underscores Liverpool's appetite for additional attacking options on the wings—no winger managed more than seven league goals for the club in the previous campaign. A scenario where both PSG forwards cross the English Channel is plausible, though several key developments would need to go Liverpool's way first.
Luis Enrique Open to Any PSG Exits

"We are a very young, very ambitious team," Enrique told reporters earlier this month. "It is important for us to bring in changes and look for players who enjoy playing our style and who are genuinely excited about representing PSG.
"When a player doesn't want to be here, or isn't happy about being part of this club, it is better to find another solution."
There was little sign of enthusiasm from Barcola, who failed to come off the bench during last week's UEFA Super Cup triumph over Aston Villa. The French international was an unused substitute in just two of his 51 matchday squad appearances throughout the entirety of last season. Yet neither he nor Mbaye even featured on the bench for PSG's narrow defeat to Lens in Sunday's Trophée des Champions.
Enrique flatly declined to address either player's situation following that 1–0 defeat.
The Dominoes That Must Fall for Liverpool to Sign Mbaye and Barcola
Come Closer to Valuations

It was first reported by L'Équipe that Liverpool were working on a bid for Mbaye. The French outlet had previously placed the talented 18-year-old's value somewhere in the range of $46.3–57.9 million (€40–50 million). Without specifying an exact figure, Fabrizio Romano later reported that PSG's asking price remains too high for Liverpool.
Mbaye is said to be keen on joining the Merseyside project, a sentiment reportedly shared by Barcola. However, the same stumbling block remains in negotiations for the latter: the price tag. PSG are believed to be demanding a hefty $196.3 million (£145 million) for the 23-year-old two-time Champions League winner. Liverpool are reportedly prepared to go as high as $135.4 million (£100 million), but a significant gap in valuations still remains.
Playing into Liverpool's hands is PSG's other transfer activity. Both Ferran Torres and, more notably, wingers Mika Godts and Maghnes Akliouche have arrived to bolster a forward line that already features Ousmane Dembélé, Désiré Doué, and the exceptional Khvicha Kvaratskhelia.
PSG's financial muscle removes any urgency to sell, and they are not believed to be in violation of UEFA's financial regulations, but Enrique's desire for committed, enthusiastic players will be difficult to satisfy given the fierce competition for starting spots.
Make Room at Anfield

Enable functional cookies to see this feature.
Should Liverpool commit upwards of $250 million, they will need to generate funds through player sales to help finance such a major outlay and free up space within the Anfield squad.
With Rio Ngumoha's future not in question and Víctor Muñoz having only recently arrived, the signing of two wingers is likely to depend on a potential departure for Cody Gakpo, according to Romano. Tottenham Hotspur have been tipped as suitors for the Dutch international, who has reportedly been valued at a minimum of $160 million—a figure arrived at after Liverpool took note of Morgan Rogers's transfer to Chelsea for a comparable sum.
Given Gakpo's recent dip in form, Spurs may be tempted to broaden their search for a new attacker—and could even find themselves eyeing a duo currently available at PSG.
ไทย
English
中國人